My apologies to those of you who got this two days ago. Meant to hit the “publish later” button, but hit “publish now” instead. Add that to the list below– I’m not *quite* perfect. This version has pictures and edited text, so read it again. Please?
So a whole raft of pet bloggers (Amy from Go Pet Friendly, A.J. from I still Want More Puppies, Dawn from NEPA Pets, Jennifer from My Brown Newfies, Jodi from Kol’s Notes, Jodi from Heart Like a Dog, Julie from The Daily Dog Blog, Kim from Cindy Lu’s Muse, Kristine from Rescued Insanity, Lauren from Life With Desmond, Leslie from Bringing up Bella, Mel from No Dog About It, and Peggy from Peggy’s Pet Place — whew!) decided, “Enough about the animals. What about the people they own?” And thus the “Meet the Bloggers” blog hop was born.
And those listed above are just the hosts– other people added their two cents here and there. So below please find my contribution to their efforts.
1. A current photo of the blogger. (This is a “must have”.)
Okay. Here it is. (Please remember, I blog anonymously.)
2. Answers to at least five, (but more if you’d like!) of the following questions:
- What’s your favorite non-animal related book?
To Kill A Mockingbird. (The animal is purely metaphoric.) 2nd favourite, and I want everyone to read it, is Empire Falls by Richard Russo. Won the Pulitzer Prize in 2001.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related movie?
“Good” movie? To Kill a Mockingbird with Gregory Peck. Movie that makes me cry every time? Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly & Matthew MacFayden. I have it on my PVR. I watch the final scene often.
- Who’s your favourite actor?
I don’t have one anymore, now that Gregory Peck is gone. (I’m sensing a theme here.)
Fine. Scott Bakula. Don’t judge me.
- What do you wish you were more skilled at?
I wish I could play the piano. Like, at all.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Favorite meal?
Onion soup, vegetarian lasagne, Caesar’s salad, and garlic bread. With sparkling wine. And a poached salmon appetizer. Chocolate cheesecake for dessert (but will settle for chocolate anything.)
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I don’t have any. Sleep. Read a book. Waste time on Facebook. Play with the cat. Go to the dog park, but I only *like* doing that in good weather.
- What one word would people who know you use to describe you?
- If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?
Negligent… but good with affection. So negligent or affectionate. Depends on how bad the dog needs to pee.
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of?
I have a lot of degrees from fancy universities. I think I’m most proud of my undergraduate research study, which was published in a peer-reviewed journal.
Oh. I was supposed to say “my kids,” wasn’t I?
- How is your pet most like you?
Barks too much, has too many opinions.
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?
(I watched the entire World Series while Facebook-messaging with someone 400 miles away– so baseball only gives me true joy when shared with a friend. While eating chocolate.)
- What’s one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself?
Take more “me” time. Go to more movies. Eat more sushi.
- What drives you nuts about your pets? What melts your heart?
The cats cuddle each other. And when I come back from out of town, the dog leaps into bed beside me and won’t leave my side for hours.
- If you didn’t have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have?
My next dog will be small, non-shedding, and female. ‘Cause male dogs pee too much. As for the cats… I can’t imagine having different cats. I raised these from 10 days old, so they’re very much mine.
I wouldn’t mind a parrot. Then someone might agree with my opinions.
This is a blog hop! Hop on here! (Or any other blog listed above!)